10 THINGS YOU CAN DO TODAY — EVERY DAY — TO MAKE YOUR SALES PROCESS SHORTER AND MORE EFFECTIVE.
Is your sales cycle too long?
Does it feel like pulling teeth?
Well, who designed this sales process? Who created it? YOU, of course, and as an entrepreneur, it is also UP TO YOU to perfect the process through which you gain permission to help people.
This is what selling is, right? Whether you’re a mechanic or attorney, or physician or coach… You see a problem and offer to help. Permission to help is granted through payment.
10 ways that you can sure up your own sales process, so you can help more people, and — also, of course — so sales actually FEEL great in your business.
1) Get with the sales program. You SELL not because you’re greedy, but because you need their PERMISSION to roll up your sleeves and help. A better sales process means you help more people and help more people SOONER than if your sales process sucked.
2) Make tweaks to your sales page. Words MATTER. tweak ONE thing at a time on your sales page until it is performing optimally. Look at the words you use, the images you use, the promise you make EARLY on the page, the benefits you’re selling. Today — any day — is a great day to take a FRESH look at your sales page or offer.
3) Pick better targets. Are the people you’re targeting IDEAL? Do they have a problem you solve? Do they KNOW they have a problem you solve? Are they motivated (and able and willing to pay) to have this problem solved? If not, choose a better-qualified target.
4) Sweeten the deal. How can you make your core offer BETTER?
5) Remove the risk. You don’t have to have a 100% money back guarantee in order to remove risk. Get creative. How can you make them feel SAFE choosing you? For my “enterprising experts” events — which are $5 a pop — I offer a 6-month support program for participants, greatly removing the risk inherent in attending an event and going home and doing NOTHING.
6) Go to the NO. Ask someone — today — why they said NO or didn’t respond to your offer. DO NOT try to re-sell them. Give them permission to be blatantly honest with why it wasn’t a HELL YES for them.
7) Invite more people to work with you. How many people do you OFFER to work with each day? This matters. You’ve got a LOT to offer your chosen market. So, make the ask. Offer to help. Make the sale.
8) Follow Up. I can not tell you the number of people who thank me — profusely — simply for not forgetting about them… for following up with them. Follow up, because it’s a GENEROUS and CARING thing to do. Do you ONLY care about them when making the original SALES ASK? If so, this isn’t caring or generous at all. Follow up. SHOW you actually care.
9) RE-invite people who didn’t respond. Re-invite them because you don’t want them to miss out!
10) ADD value to the sales letter itself. Even your sales letters should add value to the reader. So should your sales conversation. Does it open their eyes to new possibilities? Does it encourage them that MORE is possible for them? Does it reveal tips they can implement right now? (P.S. if you are messaging every day, this is easy to do…. you message and then you offer. )
Speaking of? Do you KNOW that 2 years ago, I began meeting with TEN women entrepreneurs EACH MONTH? Private, extended strategy sessions designed to help you identify the next BEST steps to take to move your business dramatically forward. When you aren’t sure what to do next… when what you’re currently doing is leaving you VERY DISAPPOINTED when it comes to results… when you need an expert opinion, an outside view of what you’re missing… and what specific tweaks will make all the difference, well… I’m scheduling private strategy sessions for July.
you can secure your spot here: http://www.bmichellepippin.com/private-strategy-session/