There is no crueler master than MR. UNFULFILLED POTENTIAL. That ever present “knowing” that you’re flying way below your highest possible altitude… that nagging call that reminds you that you’re born for MORE… that honest, gut- wrenching realization that “one day,” along with other unicorns like “perfect timing” never came, at least not for you, at least NOT YET.
Having your own potential, your own dreams clear and visible is a beautiful thing. IF you’re willing to lay it all down, lay it all on the line, and run the race to WIN.
But, if you’re playing small,
if you’re showing up only when circumstances are favorable,
if you’re holding back, IN ANY WAY,
Well… soon, you’ll come to RESENT being half-way there… being ALMOST where you want to be.
I want you to look at this video clip, from one of my favorite movies, “Apocalypto.” Before you watch, just know that this 10-second clip happens just after the main character failed to kill the main villain. (Violent, I know, but stay with me… there’s NO violence in this clip.) The villain is MOCKING Jaguar Paw… and he gives him a CRUEL nickname. Take a look:
Could that be YOUR business name? “ALMOST?”
Almost 100% in.
Almost reaching your potential.
Almost ready for a waiting list.
Almost a best seller.
Almost meeting your financial goals.
Do you see the jeering look in this man’s face? OOOO-LOCK….
Well, I know the pain, dare I even say the SHAME, of looking in the MIRROR and seeing an “ooo-lock,” an ALMOST THERE woman entrepreneur.
I know the agony of KNOWING your potential… but NOT living it.
And I know the reasons why.
Because I lived here a LONG LONG time.
The kids are too young.
There’s not enough time.
There’s no money in the budget to invest.
It’s just not happening.
Something always comes up.
This is just a sample of the sickening excuses I used for so long to keep me playing small. BUT, the TOP ONE, if I were to be honest, was this one:
I’d hear this small voice in my head…
“Careful little girl…. this (big success) is gonna cost you.”
This is some real talk, right?
If it’s not the real world circumstances it’s the mental chatter going on in the background. So, let me go on the record and set ALL of this straight:
- Newsflash: Your kids are either old or young or whatever. If you are a Mom, you will always be a Mom. There’s no perfect age where your kids all of the sudden STOP needing a Mom and you’re free with all the time you need to step into YOUR potential.
- There’s NEVER enough time to do everything, but there’s ALWAYS enough time to do what MATTERS. Make YOUR IDEAL BUSINESS Matter. Work it in.
- There’s NO perfect timing, ever.
- We’re in business for ourselves. We write our own paychecks. Need more MONEY? Sell something ESLE. Start now.
- You are RIGHT… Something will ALWAYS come up. Question: Will you ALLOW that something to be BIGGER or MORE IMPORTANT than playing full out?
- BIG success — your full potential — WILL cost you. It will cost you your BEST effort. It will REQUIRE your absolute belief, your STEADFAST commitment. But, have you ever considered what this “almost” existence is costing You? Far more….
Look, you can have EXCUSES or you can have what you WANT. BUT, you get to — and you MUST — decide.
As for me, I’ve already decided.
I am NOT an oooo-lock.
I am NOT an “almost.”
I will RUN THE RACE to WIN.
Not only when it’s sunny.
Not only when the wind is at my back.
Not only when I’m “inspired.”
Not only when things are going my way.
Not only when it’s easy.
Join me? Over in PlanetWOW.club.
I’ll see you on the other side.
Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs,
but only one person gets the prize?
So run to win! — 1 Corinthians 9:24