…it’s hard to define the value of the RIGHT words at the RIGHT time…
… but in business, we can safely assume it’s priceless. Whether you are creating a sales script, web copy, a special report, or a more tangible marketing piece, the formula for the right copy is part SCIENCE… part ART… and part PASSION.
I take on a VERY LIMITED NUMBER of copy-writing and messaging clients each year. If you’d like more information about my copy + work, just shoot me an email with a detailed summary of what you are up to… (P.S. I am not a copy EDITOR. I write copy that sells… not copy that would win grammar awards or earn an A+ from my college English professor.) Here are some general rules about COPY… BTW, these are not my OPINIONS…. they are FACTS supported by years of real-world RESEARCH:
- Copy that sells is conversational, and may not ALWAYS fit within standard grammar guidelines.
- LONG copy outsells short copy by a ratio of 8:1. Online. Offline. And in today’s economy. Reducing your copy because you think that your market won’t read anything beyond 146 characters is foolish and false. If you think you’re copy is too long for your market to read, you’re either talking to the wrong market (who’s either uninterested in your product or service or YOU) or you’re boring them with poorly crafted, uninteresting, un-engaging copy.
- There must be an IDEAL, PERFECT match between your market and your messaging in order to make your copy work magic. This means, you can make NO assumptions about either.
- Your copy must reflect more about what your market WANTS and less about your personal preferences if you want it to sell.
- All COPY is a test. Therefore, we RESEARCH, WRITE, and then TEST. This means you must have devised a way to track the response to your copy, in order to know what is working and what’s not. Anything less is blind archery… a fool’s game.