In about two weeks, I’ll meet with a handful of savvy business owners for private VIP days. Now, before we move on, you should know who these business owners are. During this particular week, I’ll meet with two doctors, one attorney, one ex-politician and one woman who has an MBA and has taught business marketing classes herself.
My point? These are not shabby business owners. They’re driven, capable, successful and educated. They’re amazing at what they do. Each of them.
But they’re realizing that being amazing at what you do isn’t enough to build a really thriving business around.
I know, I know. It should be enough. It really should be. Unfortunately, in order to make big success happen, you have to be amazing at packaging, pricing and SELLING what you’re already amazing at doing for your clients. That’s the key. And that’s what I do.
So, I’m working with these clients to prepare for our time together. In one particular case, I asked the business owner,
“What can your clients get from you that they can’t or probably won’t get anywhere else?”
They weren’t EXACTLY sure. Uh-oh. (Side note: this woman is amazing. And she delivers that which can’t be delivered elsewhere, but she’s not quite sure how to “package” this unique factor. This blog post is in response to her, but is instructive for ALL of us!)
So, here we go…. let’s talk about YOUR sweet spot, that “secret sauce” which you provide WELL that no one else can — or is likely to — provide. THAT’s the mission-critical, million dollar question. So, here are some questions that will help you craft your own version of the “secret sauce:”
- What do your clients THANK YOU For most often?
- What do your best clients say about you when they introduce you to others?
- What are the three most common terms used in your testimonials? (Check LinkedIn, your website, etc.)
- What do you say — over and over again — that is not common knowledge to your client base?
- What conversations do you feel like you HAVE to take part in — or you’ll burst?
- What do EACH ONE of your top ten clients have in common? (oh– and don’t tell me they have nothing in common. This is a too-quick and often lazy response. Write down their names. And then everything — literally everything — you know about them. Circle what comes up more than once.)
- Finally, what do your top clients come to you LOOKING FOR? And — most importantly — what do they GET INSTEAD?
That last question is a bit tricky. But, I promise it becomes relevant when you really dig into it. So, there you go. Confused about where to start with making more money in your business? Or maybe you just joined us on Planet WOW…. Start here. Find your secret sauce. =)
Here’s to YOUR wild, unreasonable success! xoxo, Michelle