Last week, I heard from one of our Women Who WOW members, who all have access to me daily in our Facebook group and via private message on Facebook. She was down. I wouldn’t say “down and out,” but close.
- Money was an issue, despite having had an enormously successful (most money earned to date) month in January.
- Prospects were becoming evasive, committing (Saying Yes!) but not paying and not returning emails.
- All the excitement and energy that defined her in January was fading fast and $$ worries were quickly replacing the dreaming and scheming our WOW tribe loves so much.
Now, I’m absolutely relentless about being resourceful, and — because of this — am often compared to a “Depression-era kid.” If there’s ANYTHING to use to better my situation, and in this case, the situation for my beloved member, I’ll find it and I’ll use it. So, in our virtual heart-to-heart, I looked around and I saw that the STRONGEST thing she had in that moment was her despair, her frustration, her fear.
I’ve been here myself, of course, so it wasn’t hard to empathize.
Many may have suggested that she ignore it… push play anyway… “act as if” until “it really was.” There ARE times when I suggest this, but not last week. Instead, I encouraged her to throw herself into this despair… to make it part of the content she was creating for her tribe. To WRITE her way FREE, and allow it to serve others.
Every day brings us something that we can use:
- A news story we can piggyback on, in an effort to enter the conversation of our target market.
- A particularly strong emotion we can use to empathize and connect more deeply with our tribe.
- A chance to rise and up and fully own our own stage.
- The opportunity to be recklessly authentic.
- The courage to make a huge ask.
- Rainy days –and for my members in the NE, recent snow days — bring with them the focus necessary to knock out a bunch of content.
See my point? A relentless approach to DAILY SUCCESS requires an opportunistic mindset that is simply second nature…. your MODUS OPERANDI…. In other words, regardless of how you are feeling… regardless of the reading on your emotional temperature gauge, you show up, look around and look for the opportunities inherent in EVERY SINGLE DAY and OPPORTUNITY.
I am facing an exciting challenge in my business RIGHT NOW. The upside is huge, and the downside is daunting. But… in BOTH the upside AND the potential downside are unimaginable opportunities to leverage.
And so, it’s off to work I go. Looking around for resources, focusing on the goal and realizing that success is created DAILY….
Moment to moment, what I bring into my business matters. Someone famous (I’m not sure who) said that “We often overestimate what we can do in 10 years and underestimate what we can do in one.” I wholeheartedly agree, and would add:
We often over-estimate the success we can create in a YEAR… but MAINLY because we UNDER-estimate the success we can create TODAY.
Today is all any of us have. Let’s leave it all on the battlefield of business….